I've been keeping up with jogging and I'm finding that I really love it. I'm up to to laps (1/2 of a mile) without stopping, which is huge for me. I never even did that in high school when I was a size 6! There is something that is SO MUCH BETTER about jogging outside than in a stuffy gym. First of all, I don't feel to confined to the horrible treadmill...it is nice to feel more fluid in my jogging and not so clunky with a converbelt under my feet. I also like the fact that I'm looking at trees, sunsets, birds, etc. while I'm running and not the anorexic girl next to me playing with her IPod when she doesn't even need to be working out.
I've also been trying to watch what I eat, my portion size, and not over do it with snacking. This is the hardest part because I love food. Food is delicious. I'm just hoping that through watching what I eat and exercising so often that my body will reward me and start to show me results. I'm not super unhappy with my body now but I know it definitly has areas of improvement which aren't going to get fixed by me sitting on my big butt all day. Sigh. We'll see.
My school district finally announced it's budget cuts yesterday. They are pretty devastating but not completely at a loss. They aren't laying anyone off which is HUGE...but they are cutting a bunch of programs which displaces people back into classrooms, which displaces ME back to being unemployed in September. I'm hoping there will still be some non-continuing openings or that maybe some people retire (unlikely in this garbage economy) but all I can do is wait and I have no control over it. Something I hate. No control. I'm just keeping my chin up and staying positive because crying and whining about it isn't going to get me anywhere. Le sigh. Like Dory says "Just keep swimming!"
Side Note: Mother Nature needs to pull her head out of her keister and bring back the sunshine!!!!
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Jogging, Food, and Budget Cuts Oh My!
Posted by AlyshaG at 9:35 AM
Labels: exercise, food, mother nature, school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment