BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Playing on the golden sand, looking at the ocean now I understand...

Holy cow, its been a while.

Kauai was one of the most amazingly beautiful places I've had the pleasure of experiencing. Not only that but I met some of the most amazing new friends that I will take with me through the rest of my life. I loved the laid back attitude, the culture, the SUNSHINE, the fact that there was ONE main road that went around the entire island, how I was next to the ocean no matter where I was, how EVERYTHING was coconut flavored, and how for some strange reason I felt at home. I didn't want to leave and am already dying to return.


As the school year started to approach and I started to run into my old staff at beginning of the year trainings I regressed back into a pity-party. It has been a hard road this summer accepting the fact that I am not returning to my old classroom to see my former students roaming the halls, and get to continue on with a staff I loved so much. I became resentful and bitter and really didn't feel like myself. It took a few good cries and a talk from my parents to bring me out of my funk but I'm working hard to stay positive. I have so much GOOD in my life that I shouldn't be complaining. I have a job. I have a family that I love and adore. I have a boyfriend that I fall more and more in love with everyday and we are HAPPY. I have friends that keep me sane with laughter and a roof over my head. Life IS good.

Perhaps this is actually a blessing to get me away from a principal who's methods and personality I didn't agree with and to get me back into Title schools where I feel that what I do is SO much more rewarding. I know I am a good teacher and I love my job more than anything...I know that this is just the beginning for me even if it feels like I am having a hard time getting a jump.

0 comments: